Administrative Specialist III
|Department||DAT Charter Unit|
|Date Opened||3/14/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/28/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,660.00 - $48,608.00/year-with the potential growth to $66,668.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Arhin|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Responsible for the oversight and keying the online hybrid filings. Maintains the SDAT by appointment email address for document processing. Researches and contacts charter specialists for completion of missing/conflicting filings that have been approved in NIC but the status is not updated.
Exercises independent judgment in making corrections or adjustments to the business entity legal records maintained by the Department. Which may be submitted to the department in-person, by phone, mail or e-mail inquires.
Assists with training and development of the OSC responsible for processing documents, by helping to reduce errors with keying and balances their TSO.
Work orders checks through MBES prior to processing corporate documents. Tallies checks & credit card receipts on a daily basis. Generates a TSO report & reconcile checks & receipts with the report.
Reviews, accepts and rejects for legal sufficiency certain corporate documents filed with the Department, including resolutions and all legal entity formations, on a daily basis. Build Amendment History of corporate entities in the old card file when necessary.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience performing administrative staff, clerical, clerical technical, or secretarial work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
- Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date)
- Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year
- Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
- Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
- Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
- Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Assessments and Taxation, Office of Human Resources Division, 300 W. Preston St., Room 511, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Assessments and Taxation at 410-767-5898, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.