Administrative Specialist III
|Department||MSDE - DORS - Workforce & Tech Center|
|Date Opened||3/20/2023 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,660.00 - $60,559.00 with progression to $66,668.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jerrianne Mccain|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland. As part of the Maryland State Department of Education, the Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) provides services to assist students with disabilities prepare for the work world, vocational rehabilitation services to assist adults with significant disabilities who are seeking to enter or reenter the workforce, and the adjudication of Social Security disability claims for the citizens of Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Complete discharge auditing process for WTC consumer electronic records.
- Complete application processing for DORS referrals.
- Process new referrals to WTC using case management software program.
- Complete admissions process for consumers receiving WTC services.
- Complete data correction and changes to case management software program requested by WTC staff.
- Complete fiscal processes for WTC staff and departments to include expense reports, internal requisitions, credit card purchases, and vendor authorizations.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience using case management database software program.
- Experience using Excel spreadsheet software program.
- Experience reviewing information for accuracy and content.
- Professional experience working with individuals with disabilities.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-554-9397 or mailed to DORS Human Resources Department at 2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-554-9391, TDD (410) 554-9399. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.