Administrative Officer III
|Department||MSDE - Division of Career and College Readiness|
|Date Opened||3/8/2023 11:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/24/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,575.00 - $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Thomas|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Nancy S. Grasmick Education Building
200 W. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
This is a contractual skilled service position responsible for providing fiscal, administrative, logistical, and technical support to staff in the Division of College and Career Pathways, School Implementation Review Branch.
The Finance Associate is responsible for:
- Maintaining financial records and prepares balance and other related financial reports for Division funds
- Entering and monitoring data in the Notice of Grant Awards (NOGA) System and Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS)
- Supporting professional learning experiences
- Coordinating and compiling the fiscal portion of any federally or state mandated reports for the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) fund
- Responding to inquiries from local education agencies and other eligible recipients regarding status of grant project
- Preparing and tracking requests for services, purchase orders, contracts, expense reports, travel requests and supply requests
- Developing and implementing a financial monitoring system to track grants, expenditures, and other Division funds
- Managing and tracking grant submissions from local education agencies and other stakeholders
- Maintaining current and accurate databases
- Providing general administrative support to team members in the Division of College and Career Pathways, School Implementation Review Branch
- Scheduling meetings and managing calendar for team members
- Preparing presentations, images, and other correspondences to communicate Division functions and priorities
- Managing incoming mail, telephone, and email requests
- Managing general office functions
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency
Experience: Three years of experience providing administrative support to staff with a focus on fiscal operations or budget management.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for
each year up to two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned
officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in
applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis
of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis
for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Relevant experience in state or local government agency
- Experience with the Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
- Experience working with Grants
- Experience working with or processing financial records, expense reports and/or invoices
- Experience in accurately preparing monthly reports
- Experience preparing documents, correspondences and presentations
Applicants are subject to a criminal background investigation in accordance with the federal Family Law Article, Section 5.5.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Note: This is a Contractual Position, and therefore not entitled to State Pension and Benefits packages.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12-month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
It is preferred that
applicants complete the MD State Government online application for
employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant
meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If you are unable to apply
online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and mailed
to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD
21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed
and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0012, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.