Administrative Officer III
|MSDE - Division of Career and College Readiness
|4/3/2023 4:25:00 PM
|4/28/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$52,575.00 - $80,992.00/year
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
This is a contractual
skilled service position responsible for providing fiscal, administrative,
logistical, and technical support to staff in the Division of College and
Career Pathways, School Implementation Review Branch.
The Finance Associate is
- Maintaining financial records and prepares balance and other related financial reports for Division funds
- Entering and monitoring data in the Notice of Grant Awards (NOGA) System and Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS)
- Supporting professional learning experiences
- Coordinating and compiling the fiscal portion of any federally or state mandated reports for the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) fund
- Responding to inquiries from local education agencies and other eligible recipients regarding status of grant project
- Preparing and tracking requests for services, purchase orders, contracts, expense reports, travel requests and supply requests
- Developing and implementing a financial monitoring system to track grants, expenditures, and other Division funds
- Managing and tracking grant submissions from local education agencies and other stakeholders
- Maintaining current and accurate databases
- Providing general administrative support to team members in the Division of College and Career Pathways, School Implementation Review Branch
- Scheduling meetings and managing calendar for team members
- Preparing presentations, images, and other correspondences to communicate Division functions and priorities
- Managing incoming mail, telephone, and email requests
- Managing general office functions
Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school
Experience: Three years of experience providing
administrative support to staff with a focus on fiscal operations or budget
1. Candidates may
substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for
each year up to two
years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may
substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned
staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis
applying and interpreting
complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis
programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year
for the required
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be
given to applicants who possess the following preferred
qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your
application regarding your qualifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Relevant experience in state or local government agency
- Experience with the Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
- Experience working with Grants
- Experience working with or processing financial records, expense reports and/or invoices
- Experience in accurately preparing monthly reports
- Experience preparing documents, correspondences and presentations
Applicants are subject to a criminal
background investigation in accordance with the federal Family
Law Article, Section 5.5.
Please make sure that
you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet
the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your
qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider
information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be
placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Note: This is a
Contractual Position, and therefore not entitled to State Pension and Benefits packages.
who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and
Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or
more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for
subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a
contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums
for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents
you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of
the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage,
accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be
responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted
to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12-month period. This
leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40
hours per calendar year.
It is preferred that
applicants complete the MD State Government online application for
employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant
meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If you are unable to apply
online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and mailed
to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD
21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed
and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0012, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.