VIDEOGRAPHER/PHOTOGRAPHER/EDITOR-ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
Office of Communications
|Department||COMP Executive Direction|
|Date Opened||3/15/2023 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/29/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,575.00 - $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Mary-Kathryn Beech|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of administrative staff or professional work.
- Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from a college or university for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Digital Cinematography and Field, or a related field
- 3 years professional experience as a photographer, videographer, AND editor
- Must have direct experience filming, directing, and editing video
- Professional portfolio showcasing range of experience
- Mastery of specialized software, such as Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and Adobe Premiere Pro/Final Cut X video editing software
- Proficiency in using a PC and MAC-based computer
- Proficiency in using DSLR, video, audio and lighting equipment
- Ability to work in a creative, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Innate attention to detail
- High degree of creativity and innovation
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of team members, internal and external stakeholders
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles
- Knowledgeable of marketing trends and best practices
- Excellent organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and success with managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.