VIDEOGRAPHER/PHOTOGRAPHER/EDITOR-ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
Office of Communications
|Department||COMP Executive Direction|
|Date Opened||3/15/2023 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/29/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,575.00 - $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Mary-Kathryn Beech|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of administrative staff or professional work.
- Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from a college or university for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Digital Cinematography and Field, or a related field
- 3 years professional experience as a photographer, videographer, AND editor
- Must have direct experience filming, directing, and editing video
- Professional portfolio showcasing range of experience
- Mastery of specialized software, such as Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and Adobe Premiere Pro/Final Cut X video editing software
- Proficiency in using a PC and MAC-based computer
- Proficiency in using DSLR, video, audio and lighting equipment
- Ability to work in a creative, fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Innate attention to detail
- High degree of creativity and innovation
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of team members, internal and external stakeholders
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles
- Knowledgeable of marketing trends and best practices
- Excellent organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and success with managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first five digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
1. First and Last Name
2. Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
3. The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.