PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER
Administrative Officer III
|Department||DGS Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||5/23/2023 10:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/6/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,575 - $80,992/year (based on agency authority, qualifications and State salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Vehstedt|
The Maryland Department of General Services (DGS) supports State and local government agencies, as well as local non-profit organizations and the citizens of Maryland, by providing facilities management, real estate and surplus property services, as well as security and law enforcement for State buildings. DGS is also responsible for a full spectrum of facilities engineering, design and construction services, almost $1 billion in annual contract administration, and overseeing the State procurement process. Here at DGS, we truly Do Great Service… Consider joining our team!
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from a college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
The State of Maryland offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Tuition reimbursement for those who qualify;
- Flexible work schedules and telework opportunities for many positions;
- Free mass transit in Baltimore & Annapolis;
- Generous paid leave that increases with years of service;
- Paid holidays;
- Health coverage with low out-of-pocket costs;
- Employee & employer contributory pension plan.
Click on the link below for more information.