Seasonal Hourly Shift
Housekeeping/Custodial Worker Lead
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||1/11/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/23/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Rocky Gap State Park (Allegany County)
- Deep Creek Lake State Park (Garrett County)
- Herrington Manor State Park (Garrett County)
- Tuckahoe State Park Complex (Queen Anne's County) including: Martinak State Park (Caroline County), Wye Island NRMA (Queen Anne's County), Sassafras NRMA (Kent County) and Cypress Branch State Park (Kent County) If interested in any of these locations, please select ''Tuckahoe State Park Complex (Queen Anne's County)' below
- Assateague State Park (Worchester County)
Main Purpose of Job
- Clean and maintain rental cabins, public restrooms and other buildings for staff and visitors
- Removal of litter
- Perform maintenance tasks of facilities and grounds, reporting needed facility repairs
- Refill bathroom supplies and monitors supply inventory, communicating needs to supervisor
- May include mowing and trimming of grass
- Oversee and provide training to Housekeeping/Custodial Workers
- Perform quality control checks and cleans bathhouses, cabins, shower facilities and grounds
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards
- Coordinate activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner
- Coordinate with maintenance staff when facility repair is needed
- Order and deliver supplies to crew
- Plan and prepare employee work schedules
- May interact with park visitors and provide general information
- Applicants must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Work can be physical in nature, requiring the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, lift and carry heavy objects, do repetitive bending and stooping, climb ladders and operate heavy equipment
- Must have at least 12 months of customer relations experience and housekeeping and/or custodial experience as indicated on application. Customer relations experience includes but is not limited to professional or volunteer experience in retail, hospitality, service industry, administrative, or similar fields. Examples of cleaning experience include but are not limited to professional or volunteer experience in residential or commercial cleaning, chemical handling, litter removal, and other custodial work.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
*Should benefits be available, this information will be discussed at the time of hire