Seasonal Hourly Shift
Contact Station / Concession Attendant
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||1/11/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/14/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Rocky Gap State Park (Allegany County)
- Sandy Point (Anne Arundel County)
- Elk Neck State Park (Cecil County)
- Cunningham Falls State Park (Frederick County)
- Gambrill State Park (Frederick County)
- Gunpowder Falls State Park (Harford/Baltimore County)
- Southern Maryland Recreational Complex (Prince George's County)
- Fort Frederick State Park (Washington County)
Main Purpose of Job
- Use of a computer and point-of-sale system to register campers, complete reports and sell park merchandise and passes for day use areas
- Provide visitors with park information and regulations within the park’s contact stations, stores, campground and day use areas
- Answer telephones and a communications radio
- Handle money and provide change
- Maintain and clean the concessions and contact station buildings, as well as litter pick up near facilities
- Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Work can be physical in nature, requiring the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, lift and carry heavy objects, do repetitive bending and stooping, and climb ladders
- Experience: At least 40 hours of customer relations experience and/or 40 hours of cash handling experience as indicated on application. Customer relations and cash handling experience includes but is not limited to professional or volunteer experience in retail, hospitality, service industry, administrative, or similar fields.
- Education: Current high school student or possess a high school equivalency certificate.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
*Should benefits be available, this information will be discussed at the time of hire