Seasonal Hourly Shift
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||11/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide visitors with park information and regulations
- Monitor and cleaning of State buildings, bathhouses, campgrounds and restrooms
- General maintenance of park trails, public facilities, staff buildings and DNR vessels and vehicles
- Monitor (via motorized vehicles, bicycles and on foot) recreational activities in the park, including but not limited to biking, fishing, hiking and hunting
- Serve as daily Duty Ranger to provide oversight to all aspects of park operations in some settings
- Use of a computer and point-of-sale system to register campers, complete reports and sell park merchandise
- Respond to emergencies, including first aid and traffic direction
- May assist with the development and presentation of interpretive and environmental education programs
- May hike trails of varying difficulty to perform trail maintenance
- Applicants must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Work can be physical in nature, requiring the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, lift and carry heavy objects, do repetitive bending and stooping, climb ladders and operate heavy equipment
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
*Should benefits be available, this information will be discussed at the time of hire