NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER I
|Department||Maryland Department of the Environment|
|Date Opened||8/10/2023 08:24:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/1/2024 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,364.00 - $75,478.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
Main Purpose of Job
- Obtains, compiles and analyzes data, or assists in obtaining data used in planning for the protection and optimal utilization of the natural resources of the State, encompassing the fields of fish and wildlife biology, forestry, hydrography/hydrology, ecology, limnology, environmental science, parks and recreation use and land use management.
- Prepares, or assists in the preparation of reports, manuals and other documents for distribution to interested individuals and agencies concerned with planning and the utilization of natural resources.
- Confers with appropriate technical and field personnel for the purpose of conveying the need for obtaining specific information and data necessary for the development of natural resources plans.
- May assist in arranging and conducting meetings for the purpose of formulating and implementing plans, or to advise local, regional, or State agencies or advisory boards concerned with natural resources or various aspects of planning.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an environmental science or natural resources planning, management or development.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, biological sciences and one year of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the general natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or general natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the general natural resources management and biological sciences field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS (Click ctrl+link to view all benefits)
PERSONAL LEAVE - New State employees are awarded six (6) personal leave days annually (prorated based on start date)
ANNUAL LEAVE - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
SICK LEAVE – fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
PARENTAL LEAVE – up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
HOLIDAYS – State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|