PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICER II (C18011)
Community Engagement Liaison
|Department||DHCD - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||5/19/2023 1:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/11/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25.21 - $30.30/hourly (Grade 15 / Step 2-9, with promotional growth to $38.83)|
|HR Analyst||Charlee Kerr|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Participate in outreach events of the programs listed above; including conferences, trade shows, fairs, announcements, staff exhibit booths, conducting presentations, participating in "special" events and working cover required evening and/or weekend activities.
- Solicit and execute the monthly program collateral mailings to external partners; including working with the Office of Public Information Marketing team to determine quantities required for bulk order placement.
- Gather information and prepare weekly and monthly reports as requested, returning and making telephone calls, in-person visits and responding to inquiries about the agency's programs and services in a timely manner.
- Maintain close working relationships with the State counterparts on joint messages and other community engagement activities; establishing a relationship with state and local housing finance agencies, housing counselors, faith-based community, colleges/universities, and non-governmental organizations.
- Keep abreast of productive knowledge, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising promotional trends through the reading of the pertinent marketing materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience: Seven years of experience in public information, public relations, journalism or other related experience in publicity or promotional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with at least 30 semester credit hours in one or more of the following subjects: English, journalism, public relations, writing or other similar and related areas of study and three years of experience in public information, public relations, journalism or other related experience in publicity or promotional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Fores military service experience as a commissioned officer in public affairs specialist classification or public affairs specialty codes in the information and arts field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in the housing or marketing and communications
- Experience working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand Spanish
- Strong public relations skills
- Attn: Charlee Kerr, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment