HEALTH POLICY ANALYST I
|MDH Dep Secretary Health Care Financing
|4/7/2023 08:08:00 AM
|3/5/2024 11:59:00 PM
|$60,801.00 - $97,940.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Analyze and develop recommendations regarding provider activities governed by federal or state statutes, regulations, or sub-regulatory guidance;
- Develop internal and external communication materials, including but not limited to workflows, standard operating procedures, fee schedules, policy transmittals, website communications, white papers, reports, correspondence, and policy manuals;
- Facilitate data-driven analysis and process coordination across Administrations regarding policy and compliance;
- Prepare reports and memoranda summarizing research findings;
- Analyze data to support policy, programs and services development; and plan, coordinate and oversee, with assistance, new implementation and existing operational projects;
- Act as technical advisor providing information on issues related to health care services, financing, and regulation;
- Perform fiscal impact studies to evaluate policies and regulations;
- Liaison between state and federal auditors and the Administrations;
- Organize, participate, and lead workgroup meetings involving Medicaid policies and regulations;
- Represent the Administrations at public meetings and committee meetings.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience evaluating, analyzing, researching and developing health care services, policies and programs.
Note: Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree in Health Sciences, Health Care Administration, Public Health, Public Policy or closely related field from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.
|This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.
|Apply via Paper Application.
|You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.