INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST
|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||5/23/2023 2:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/6/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,660.00 - $66,668.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcus Staten|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience in the disposal of surplus equipment, materials and supplies.
1. Candidates may substitute education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 credit hours for each year of experience, for up to 2 years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Supply and Logistics classifications or Supply and Materials Control and Management specialty codes in the supply field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of expert physical distribution systems including storage, handling, transportation and ultimate disposition of surplus property;
- Knowledge of English usage; Knowledge of reports; Knowledge of interviewing principles and techniques;
- Knowledge of inventory control principles;
- Experience understanding and applying laws, regulations and procedures, applicable to inventory operations and property disposal;
- Experience in identifying problems and recommending appropriate solutions based on logical considerations and alternatives;
- Experience in developing procedures used in the disposal of surplus property;
- Experience in determining best disposal method of equipment based on its condition;
- Experience in determining fair market value of used property;
- Communicate effectively;
- Experience in exercising independent judgment and initiative.