Audit Manager (ASSISTANT STATE COMPTROLLER II)
Office of Risk Management
|COMP Executive Direction
|11/29/2023 08:30:00 AM
|12/13/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$73,787.00 - $118,953.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Applicants who had met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
- Applicants may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for one year of auditing experience only. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Internal Review classifications or Auditing specialty codes in the Financial or Auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Federal and State tax law
- A Master of Science or equivalent or higher degree in one or more of the following fields: Accounting, Finance, Management, Business Administration, Data Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar field of study
- Auditing experience preferred
- Accounting background preferred
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com
Please contact Stanley Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need reasonable accommodations.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.