|Department||MDH Local Health - St. Mary's County|
|Date Opened||3/16/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/30/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,975.00 - $70,010.00 with potential growth to $86,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Latosha Keene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Monitor and maintain accurate records on revenues and expenditures.
- Reconcile various collections to bank statements.
- Analyze monthly collections and prepare journal entries.
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Approve expenditures by analyzing fiscal reports.
- Perform reconciliations on various accounts.
- Determine and prepare journal entries including allocating personnel properly, assigning PCAs and objects, transfers, modifications and supplementals.
- Calculate quarterly indirects and prepare journal entries.
- Prepare and monitor Memorandums of Understanding and contracts with sub-vendors and independent contractors.
- Reconcile actual expenditures with projected budgets.
- Budget creation, modifications, monitoring, reconciliation, forecasting and support for approximately 40-50 grants.
- Upload budgets into FMIS.
- Prepare and submit required monthly/quarterly expenditure reports to grant programs.
- Prepare reimbursement requests and invoices to grant programs as required.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with State, Federal and private grants;
- Experience using Microsoft Excel for budgetary reports;
- Experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles;
- Professional auditing experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|