Emergency & Grant Planner
|Department||DHS - Ops Ofc - Div of Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||11/7/2023 12:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,095.00 - $74,178.00/year with potential growth up to $91,742.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Trelia Gunter|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Composes correspondence for the office, types correspondence, tables, charts, graphs and forms from draft copy, corrected copy or oral instruction using a computer, distribute meeting notes.
- Maintains important and confidential records.
- Assist with inventories and procurements as necessary, and to inform plan development.
- Research, construct, develop, analyze, and evaluate emergency plans, with special emphasis on disability integration (access functional needs).
- Create, evaluate and observe exercises of emergency plans of the Local, State and Federal Governments and SCF Human Services partners.
- Assist with developing exercises to assess plans.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Six months of professional disaster response experience, or community outreach and engagement experience.
Six months of professional experience leading the development of multi-agency response plans.
Six months of professional experience using Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Advanced Excel, and PowerPoint, for the creation of reports and documents.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
- Positions may be eligible for telework.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.