|Department||MCA General Administration|
|Date Opened||11/16/2023 7:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,095.00 - $91,742.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kigen Waugh|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Conduct compliance checks, site inspections and record audits of cannabis licensees.
- Audit files and logs to ensure proper record keeping including pesticide logs, surveillance logs, manifest and transfer logs, administrative METRC data review, visitor logs, floor plans and production/destruction and waste logs.
- Conduct enforcement activities of licensees, ensure work product accuracy and sufficiency, participate in training and skill development activities as directed.
- Provide support to cannabis cultivation, processing, and retail sales entities.
- Research regulations governing the Maryland cannabis industry to ensure consistent and current application of rules.
- Comply with Non-Disclosure and confidentiality agreements.
- Review packaging and labeling of first-party and third-party products for required language
- Inspect and evaluate surveillance equipment is functioning properly and complies with local and state regulations.
- Monitor cannabis operations to ensure adherence to state & local laws, OSHA, Fire Code and other safety and wellness regulations.
- Resolve compliance issues by communicating with the Administration, Administrative Prosecutor, industry stakeholder and MCA management.
- Author audit reports based on findings including positive, negative and action items.·
- Oversee METRC software reconciliations and provide industry guidance regarding METRC entries and reporting.
- Ensure compliant application of State and Local laws governing all aspects of cannabis production from cultivation to processing, extraction, packaging and distribution and retail sales.
Monitor and maintain license and other compliance-related trackers.
Manage license renewals.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.