|LABOR - Office of General Services
|11/29/2023 09:20:00 AM
|12/13/2023 5:00:00 PM
|$57,095.00 - $74,148.00 with potential growth up to $91,742.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Plan, manage, implement, and direct the department's voice/data networking infrastructure located at DOL's 35 various field offices located throughout the state. This management ensures maximum effectiveness and optimal cost-efficiency of each system.
- Analyze, prepare, and process requests for wireless technology for departments, including but not limited to wireless routers, cell phones, smartphones, tablets, Air Cards, and internet connectivity.
- Responsible for negotiating and maintaining contracts, overseeing system deployment and integration, managing vendor relationships, monitoring system performance, and budget management for security system maintenance and upgrades. Ensure the organization has the most suitable security systems and maintains efficient vendors.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (Department of Labor/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to Department of Labor/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required
documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and
received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online,
or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may
submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name,
identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any
documentation to ensure timely processing.
application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date
for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms
will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION.
applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed
Department of Labor
Office of Human Resources
1100 N. Eutaw
Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information,
please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-767-2772 or via email Tenisha.Tunstall2@maryland.gov.
The MD State
Application Form can be found online.
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Department of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.