Constituent Services Administrator
|DPSCS OSEC General Administration
|11/29/2023 3:10:00 PM
|12/13/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$57,095.00 - $91,742.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore, Maryland 21215
- Acting as the representative for the Department, within his or her area of responsibility, including answering PIA request, casework correspondences, verbal and written communications with stakeholders, and serving as a liaison with federal, State, and local agencies.
- Reviewing and entering the Office of Constituent Services mail into the Public Inquiry Tracking System/DPSCS Inquiry System to ensure timely and adequate return responses.
- Advising the Director and Chief of Staff when potentially high-interest PIA requests are made.
- Drafting official correspondence on behalf of the Secretary (DPSCS), Director (Constituent Services) and other members of the DPSCS Leadership.
- Ensuring follow-up is conducted in the Public Information Act Tracking System/DPSCS Inquiry System for request of large-scale collection efforts involving multiple components.
- Preparing information, web page content and instructional information about the Department's PIA policies for public distribution.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional experience processing and responding to public information act requests on behalf of a public sector entity.
- Professional experience in public relations/affairs for a government entity or non-profit organization.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Public Affairs, Criminal Justice, Law/Legal Studies, or a Juris Doctor.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.