Special Assistant to the Director
|Department||MDE - Land and Materials Administration (LMA)|
|Date Opened||5/17/2023 4:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,556.00 - $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Political Science, Public Policy, Economics, Public Administration, or Business Administration.
- One year of experience drafting regulations and/or drafting legislation and preparing regulations and legislative packages.
- Experience with planning, coordinating, and implementing regulations and/or legislation.
- Experience with the development and implementation of government agencies or other organizational policies and procedures.
- Experience as a team leader serving on workgroups, commissions, or task forces.
- Previous reporting relationships to an Executive Director or higher.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS (Click ctrl+link to view all benefits)
PERSONAL LEAVE - New State employees are awarded six (6) personal leave days annually (prorated based on start date)
ANNUAL LEAVE - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
SICK LEAVE – fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
PARENTAL LEAVE – up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
HOLIDAYS – State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.