|Department||MIL Air Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||5/22/2023 10:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/5/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,556.00 - $82,837.00 with the potential to grow to $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Lola Ekanem|
LOCATION OF POSITION
2701 Eastern Boulevard
Assigned ANG Enclave Manager is responsible for both the daily operations and maintenance of all
Maryland Military Department Real Property on Warfield Air National Guard Base. This position
supports the Maryland Air National Guard Headquarters and subordinate Commands located on the
airbase. The assignment location is within the Construction and Engineering Command
Headquarters. The assigned ANG Enclave Manager manages site support and maintenance for 60
buildings on the Airbase.
Common Access Card (CAC) required. This position will require the ability to pass a Federal
background check in addition to a State background to access the Federal Facilities and computer
systems by being issued a CAC card. The ability to obtain and maintain this access to the facility
and CAC card is a condition of employment for this position.
- Inspects ANG Base buildings and grounds to ensure proper use by tenants and users. Determine maintenance and housekeeping requirements, detect existing or potential safety and environmental hazards, ensure security of buildings and equipment, and practice energy conservation.
- Represents the Maryland Military Department in all matters related to the ANG Base Construction and Engineering Commands.
- Coordinates as needed with ANG Construction and Engineering Command and staff to address the maintenance, repair, and planning priorities of the ANG Stakeholders.
- Further coordinates by providing State of Maryland employee supervisory oversight for all MMD (ANG Base Assigned MMD Installations Staff) staff assigned to budget, Administration, Real Proper Estate Management, Construction Management, and any other sections’ MMD Staff
assigned with Construction and Engineering.
- Review and approves work orders prior to execution or submission for the Military Department Maintenance Section, review & approves all requisitions for equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Facilitates employee training and professional development through career counseling, cross training, and their attendance at structured classes, courses, and workshops.
- Prepares Performance Planning and Evaluations (PEP) for all assigned employees twice yearly and as needed, Probationary Evaluations.
- Manages employee time and attendance, annual leave, sick leave, personal leave, and compensation time for all State Employees.
- Requests and coordinates any requirements for overtime pay through the MMD Deputy Director of Operations.
- In the absence of the Deputy Director; through the Deputy Director of Project Management or Director of Installations.
- Oversees executes as needed, or contracts maintenance tasks as required in support of
staff or independently as needed to sustain operational readiness off base facilities and supporting equipment.
- Perform technical reviews of consultant’s designs and or specifications. Assist in overseeing engineering consultants in development of the design.
- Perform feasibility studies and investigations.
- Coordinate with all subject matter experts at the locations and ensure that bid packages are properly signed off on before reaching the contract officer.
- Ensure all information required for complete construction, location or fabrication is included and
incorporated into the design.
- Advises appropriate personnel on the reasonable price of construction services in the area.
- Assist in creating necessary plans and specifications to develop a complete bid package.
- Conducts inspection of maintenance and construction projects for compliance with specifications and requirements and verifies construction material conform to department specifications.
- Conduct cost analysis studies.
- Coordinates with DGS on other facility renewal and critical maintenance projects for the MMD.
- Manages or delegates the management of DGS executed projects.
- Coordinate with DGS in preparation of CADD Media completed by an architect and/or engineer.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Six years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and two years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience in facilities management in terms of planning, organizing, and managing routine maintenance, emergency repairs and grounds maintenance.
2. Four years of experience supervising a maintenance team.
3. Experience in Project Management including electrical, mechanical, ADA compliance, renovations, and building upgrades.
4. Experience in building construction and design.
5. Ability to manage high volume and multiple tasks; ability to establish and maintain a motivated team.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
You will also need to pass a state and FBI background check.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.