DBT Program Supervisor (Repost)
|Department||DJS Victor Cullen|
|Date Opened||8/17/2023 3:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/12/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$69,159.00 - $111,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Victor Cullen Center
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide twice weekly DBT Skills Training Group and weekly individual and family sessions to assigned youth. Maintain a caseload of up to four (4) youth;
- Provide onsite coaching, training, and monitoring of staff delivering DBT and other clinical services at the Victor Cullen Center and other locations as needed;
- Supervise DBT Coordinator who develops training materials, provides training, monitoring, and coaching of staff as well as fidelity monitoring of clinical services at the Department's treatment facilities.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Six years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and two years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for five years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Candidates appointed to this position must possess a Mental Health (i.e., Counseling, Psychology, and Social Work) license from the State of Maryland.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of experience assessing and/or providing therapy to a population of adolescents with mental health and/or substance abuse disorders in the Juvenile Justice system.
- Two years of experience working with an adolescent population with mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
- Two years of experience supervising Behavioral/Mental Health Professionals.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last four digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at . Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|