DJS RESIDENT ADVISOR LEAD
|Department||DJS Victor Cullen|
|Date Opened||11/17/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,392.00 - $80,551.00/year|
|HR Analyst||MOSES DAYANANTHAN DEVAPRAKASAM|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Resident Advisor Lead position with DJS provides lead level of work, as it relates to providing supervision and guidance to youth residing in a facility operated by the Department of Juvenile Services. The Resident Advisor Lead observes, interacts, assists youth with everyday life skills and advises them of appropriate alternative behaviors. This position also trains, assigns, and reviews the work of lower-level DJS Resident Advisors, but they do not perform the full range of supervisory duties. The Resident Advisor Lead must possess a full certification from MCTC and maintain MCTC certification on an annual basis.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One and one half years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute successful completion of six hours of supervisory related training approved by DJS Human Resources for six months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute education in criminal justice or the social or behavioral sciences at an accredited college or university at a rate of 15 credit hours for each six months of the required experience for up to one year of experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Social Services Aid and Assistant classifications or Social Services Aid and Assistant specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be fully certified by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission prior to appointment as a DJS Resident Advisor II and are required to maintain certification while employed.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers may be required to complete a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication Technician.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Employees in this classification that employed at DJS Youth Centers must possess a Maryland Board of Nursing Medication Technician certificate in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, Annotated Code of Maryland, Health Occupation Article, Title 8, COMAR Title 10, Subtitle 39, Chapter 04 - Medication Technicians.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.