**REPOST** DJS RESIDENTIAL GROUP LIFE MANAGER I
|DJS Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center
|2/14/2024 2:30:00 PM
|2/28/2024 11:59:00 PM
|$60,801.00 - $97,940.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth.
1. The education and certification requirements are set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university or sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university, including 15 hours in criminal justice or the social or behavioral sciences for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Correctional Officer classifications or Correctional Officer specialty codes in the Miscellaneous Occupations field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1.Candidates who have
not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level
Correctional Training Course for DJS staff required for the Maryland
Correctional Training Commission certificate within 365 days of initial
appointment or placement in this classification according to Code of Maryland
Regulations 12.10.01.03. Employees are required to maintain certification while
2. Employees in this
classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor
vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor
vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in
this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers may be required to
complete a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a
valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.
|This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.
|Apply via Paper Application.
|You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.