PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR III Health Services
Deputy Director & Director of Strategic Initiatives
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||1/23/2023 10:11:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/22/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,556.00 - $79,734.00, with growth to $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in nursing, social work, psychology, education, counseling, or a related field.
Experience: Six years professional experience in health services, three years must have been in Health Services professional clinical or administrative services in areas other than Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities or Addictions and four years must have been at the managerial or supervisory level.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree or Doctorate degree in a health or human services field from an accredited college or university for up to two years of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in another field plus an additional year of professional experience in health services may be substituted for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Health Care Administration classifications or Health Services Administration specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in public health, health education, public policy or related field;
- Experience working in community outreach, advocacy or education;
- Experience managing projects;
- Experience supervising staff; and,
- Excellent writing skills including experience with writing reports and grant proposals.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.