Procurement Officer II
Procurement Officer Lead
|Department||DHS - Technology for Human Svcs General Admin|
|Date Opened||3/6/2023 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/20/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,556.00 - $79,734.00/ year with potential growth to $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dontia Walker|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Experience: Seven years of experience, three years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions and an additional four years of professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience.
1. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the additional four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates for Option 1 positions may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university, at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year for five years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of experience creating pivot tables, using formulas, or graphs within Excel.
One year of experience using Smartsheet and Google Docs.
One year experience training staff.
One year of procurement experience in the Maryland State Government.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain and possess certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS.
- Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
- Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
- Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
- Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
- Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
- Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, Attention: Dontia Walker, 311 West Saratoga Street, First Floor, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org: Voice 410-767-7147, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.
The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.