Procurement Officer III
|Department||DGS Office of State Procurement|
|Date Opened||3/28/2023 05:19:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/12/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$72,340 - $112,091/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Conduct complex procurements for the department or for the collective benefit of State agencies and/or assists other unit staff with such procurements.
- Review and analyse the content and format of all procurement submissions from agencies for adherence and conformance to State procurement regulations and policies. Ascertain whether the submissions comport with all pertinent laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Determine final approval for those procurements under the DGS OSP delegation authority, including review and possible revision of PAAR (Procurement Agency Activity Report) item for each such approval.
- Provide guidance to State agencies in all aspects of proper submissions.
- Provide outreach to State agencies via attendance at agency pre-bid conferences and/or evaluation committee meetings, meetings with procurement staff to discuss results of procurement analyses and assisting with training of agency procurement staff.
- Respond to Public Information Act requests, debriefing requests, and questions from vendors regarding contract awards by the Department and/or general procurement issues.
- Maintain current and working knowledge of procurement laws, codes, policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Determine proper resolution within established guidelines and regulations.
- Respond to questions from contractors, State agencies and the public.
- Responsible for bid opening and reviews and evaluates the bid tabulation.
- Create Blanket Purchase Orders (BPO) utilizing the Financial Management Information System (FMIS).
- Consult with user agencies and contractors to facilitate the processing of solicitations and contracts in an efficient manner. Contact agency officials to request fund certification, pricing selection waiver, verification of information and other necessary backup documentation.
- Serve as liaison with agency officials, advising on policies and regulations of the Board of Public Works, Departmental Procurement Review Board and COMAR regulations. Develop, prepare, and maintain automated and manual record keeping systems for vendors, procurement records, contract correspondence and associated reports.
Experience: Seven years of experience, three years of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures and an additional four years of professional public sector procurement, or private sector contracting experience, which included activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professionals certification or procurement business operations.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the additional four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the additional four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates for Option 1 positions may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and four years of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required experience of experience.
4. Candidates for Option 2 positions may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate of Jurisprudence degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for six years of the required experience.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|