Procurement Officer III
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||5/25/2023 12:54:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/8/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$72,340.00 - $112,091.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services (DJS)
Main Purpose of Job
- Plans, coordinates, supervises trains, approves timesheets, employees' leave, and prepares and evaluates employees’ quarterly and annual Performance Planning & Evaluation Program (PEP) process. Evaluates the work of the Agency Procurement Specialists and other procurement positions and Instructs Regional/facility managers in procurement bid requirements and contract monitoring.
- Develops bid specifications including Contract deliverables. Payment methods, performance measures and outcomes, and acceptance standards, and determines the basis of awards including evaluation criteria.
- Conducts pre-bid/proposal conferences site visits, and schedules. Discussions with eligible offerors and contract negotiation. Examines the bids/proposals and determines responsiveness, and conducts debriefings of unsuccessful bidders/offerors as needed.
Experience: Eight years of experience, four years of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures and an additional four years of professional public sector procurement, or private sector contracting experience, which included activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professionals certification or procurement business operations.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the additional four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the additional four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates for Option 1 positions may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and four years of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required experience of experience.
4. Candidates for Option 2 positions may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate of Jurisprudence degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for six years of the required experience.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience ensuring appropriate interpretation of compliance with COMAR Title 12, and other Maryland State procurement laws, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Experience with FMIS, ADPICS, and eMaryland Marketplace Advantage (eMMA);
- Experience soliciting and managing contracts for various categories of goods and services;
- Current Certified Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services or any other certification that is related to Procurement;
- Experience organizing, tracking, and being responsible for contract documents.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment and Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Fax Number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other state agencies.
As an equal-opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.