NATURAL RESOURCES TECHNICIAN II
Land Management Technician
|Department||DNR - Wildlife and Heritage Service|
|Date Opened||11/8/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/22/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,112.00 - $58,513.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Adriana Parravano|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Three years of experience, one year of experience in technical biological work in the field of natural resources management and an additional two years of experience performing technical biological work in the field of forestry, arboriculture, wildlife, aquaculture, natural resources management, or fisheries.
1. Candidates may substitute the completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university, 18 credit hours must be in biology, biochemistry, environmental science, forest technology, arboriculture, aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study and one year of experience in technical biological work in the field of natural resources management for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional education beyond the completion of the 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university in a natural resources related field of study on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the biological science technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience operating farming or landscape equipment such as mowers, skid loaders and tractors.
- Trade experience such as carpentry, welding, plumbing or other construction jobs.
- Experience performing agricultural and habitat-based management projects.
- Experience assisting with surveys and wildlife data collection.