ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
|Department||LABOR - Financial Regulation|
|Date Opened||1/11/2023 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Donna Watson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Serves as the agency’s Office Manager by revising and maintaining the agency’s organizational charts; Research and report preparation as directed by the Commissioner, Director of Administration and Assistant Director of Administration; Maintains the Commissioner’s schedule, manages the Commissioner’s calls and provides general administrative support to the Commissioner.
- Monitors need for and purchases office supplies, materials and equipment used by the agency with a corporate credit card; replenishing as necessary. Maintains a list of active suppliers.
- Pays agency-wide bills.
- Works with the Office of Administration procurement personnel regarding all purchases
- Maintains a log of all purchases made on the corporate credit card and reconciles the corporate credit card statement and receipts on a monthly basis. Prepares, completes and maintains all agency transactions in FMIS.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from a college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
Customer service experience with specifically with answering telephone calls and handling the public
Experience with being able to make independent decision
2 years of experience working with Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
Ability to prepare accurate organization charts
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (DL/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to DL/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
Successful candidates will be placed on the certified list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. The certified list will be used by the Maryland Department of Labor for a period of one year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland Department of Labor
Attn: Donna L. Watson 23-003235-0004
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.