ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
|Department||MLGCA Video Lottery Terminal|
|Date Opened||11/14/2023 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/28/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,392.00 - $80,551.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Bavan Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The MLGCA Payroll Officer will be primarily responsible for processing time and gross payroll for over 300 Regular and contractual employees. This position will navigate through the automated Workday system to audit, investigate, analyze and resolve MLGCA employees’ payroll and leave issues. This position will also audit and adjust time sheets and interpret reports to ensure correct pay to employees, while meeting all deadlines and time constraints for Workday and Central Payroll Bureau. In addition, the Payroll Officer will be required to practice with a high degree of confidentiality due to the exposure of (PII) personal identifying information, personal health benefit information, medical documentation, disciplinary actions, payroll information, as well as retirement information.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from a college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 years of Timekeeping and Payroll experience
- 2 years of Workday experience
- 2 years of Microsoft Excel experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We Thank our Veterans for their service to our country.