ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
|Department||DHS - Ops Ofc - Div of Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||11/13/2023 12:09:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/27/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,392.00 - $65,168.00/year with growth potential up to $80,551.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Applicants should indicate on their applications all counties (or Baltimore City) where they are willing to accept employment for this classification. As positions become available, our Local Departments of Social Services throughout the state will consider approved candidates from the eligible list.
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from a college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of experience using computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Google Docs and Sheets, to include creating presentations.
One year of experience creating and facilitating training.
One year of experience writing and participating in emergency management exercises.
One year of experience in analyzing and evaluating data from databases for the purpose of preparing reports.
One year of experience monitoring and evaluating compliance in various programs.
One year of supervisory experience.
One year of experience working with internal and external customers to assist in resolving issues and addressing concerns.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
• Personal Leave- new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
• Annual Leave – ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
• Sick Leave – fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
• Parental Leave – up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
• Holidays – State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holiday per year.
• Pension – State employees earn credits towards a retirement pension.
• Positions may be eligible for telework.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org: Voice 410-767-8844, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.