ASSESSOR I, REAL PROPERTY
|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||1/18/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,435.00 - $51,724.00/year -with the potential growth to $71,124.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Arhin|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Four years of appraisal experience involving the valuation of real property.
Note: Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be required to have daily use of a motor vehicle while on official State business. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for use of a privately owned vehicle.
2. Upon appointment to positions, employees in this classification that possess a real estate broker or sales license, or a license to sell insurance, will be required to put the license in an "Inactive" status.
3. Employees in this classification are prohibited from participating in any outside activity, including private appraisals, which may be deemed a conflict of interest by the Director of the Department of Assessments and Taxation.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
- Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date)
- Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year
- Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
- Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
- Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
- Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Assessments and Taxation, Office of Human Resources Division, 300 W. Preston St., Room 511, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5pm in our office on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Assessments and Taxation at 410-767-1140, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.