SOIL CONSERVATION ASSOCIATE II
|MDA Resource Cnsrv - Resource Conservation Ops
|4/24/2023 1:30:00 PM
|5/10/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$45,246.00 - $66,668.00/year (plus 2% COLA anticipated 7/1/23)
The Office of Resource Conservation provides the State's soil conservation districts with operating funds and staffing support to deliver local soil conservation and water quality programs. Agricultural landowners or operators rely on the expertise of technicians working in district offices to help them design and install best management practices on their farms to protect natural resources and comply with environmental laws.
Join our Team and make a lasting impact towards achieving environmental and conservation goals!
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Participate in assigned training and meet the production goals for this position.
- Perform site evaluations and site-specific surveys to assess the implementation of Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Develop designs of BMPs based on Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and or Maryland Department of Agriculture standards and procedures.
- Track on-site construction of BMPs to assure adherence to approved design plans and specifications and complete As-built plans for final approval.
- Assist in the fulfillment of incentive program requirements and other program needs.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience related to soil and water conservation in such areas as surveying, drafting, construction, or agricultural work.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of additional experience as defined above for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute education at an accredited college or university at a rate of 30 credit hours per year with at least nine credit hours of course work in engineering, construction, drafting, surveying, science, agronomy, or mathematics or any combination of the above for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in soil conservation classification or soil conservation specialty codes in the natural resources management and biological sciences field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Maryland Department of Agriculture Human Resource Office, Room 304, 50 Harry S. Truman Parkway Annapolis, MD 21401. If you are submitting additional information, such as diplomas or transcripts, the preferred method is to upload them online with your application.
If you are unable to upload, you may mail, hand-deliver or fax (HR Fax # 443-602-9831). All paper applications must be received by 4:30 PM on the closing date, no exceptions. (Postmarks not accepted.) Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact: Mary Darling at 410-841-5847 or email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.