LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE III ADVANCED
|Department||DJS Hickey School|
|Date Opened||2/6/2023 12:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/29/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$64,451.00 - $85,951.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
The Licensed Practical Nurse III Advanced functions as a nursing team member under the leadership of the RN and participates in the provision of advanced practical nursing duties for the care and treatment of youth under the supervision of the Department of Juvenile Services within the standards and scope of the Nurse Practice Act, DJS Standards, policies and procedures.
The work schedule is a rotating shift that includes holidays and weekends. The incumbent may be subject to call-in and overtime based on the staffing needs of the health unit.
Education: Determined by the Maryland Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Practical Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• One year of experience providing medical services to a juvenile/youth demographic.
• Experience coordinating nursing administrative functions with personnel from other disciplines.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Practical Nurse from the Maryland Board of Nursing.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be require to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in, and therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
The online application is preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the address below or fax a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number located at the top of the bulletin, and the last four digits of your SS#. Paper application materials must be received by 5 p.m. on the closing date for this recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
Attn: Crystal Wilson
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are welcome to apply for all recruitments.As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.