NURSE PRACTITIONER/MIDWIFE II
(PART-TIME CONTRACTUAL) **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||5/15/2023 3:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/14/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41.74 - $55.45/hour|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
This position is part-time up to 24 hours a week.
LOCATION OF POSITION
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
- Works independently seeking consultation as needed from the Nurse Practitioner Supervisor or HCHD Medical Director
- Establishes medical diagnosis, prescribes medications, and develops treatment plans based on evidence-based guidelines for common short term or chronic stable health problems for a pediatric and adolescent population
- Prescribes medications, orders and plans treatments according to current guidelines from nationally-recognized professional organizations (CDC, AAP, etc.)
- Assesses and manages minor somatic and behavioral health problems
- Orders, performs, and interprets laboratory tests and develops appropriate treatment plans
- Efficiently and accurately utilizes and documents patients’ visits and health information in the health department’s EMR, abiding by ethical and medical standards of care and practice and utilizing appropriate ICD and CPT codes
- Provides guidance and instruction in health maintenance and disease prevention in conjunction with other health professionals, including patients’ other medical providers
- Plans and provides for the continuing care of patients
- Coordinates patients’ health care with other medical providers, community and hospital services, determines appropriate c community referrals and assists in making appointments and referrals needed by patients and families
- Appropriately refers patients to other health care providers
- Encourages and assists patients and their families to understand health conditions and assist them in developing and performing self-care measures to improve health and promote optimum wellness
- May provide advice, training and guidance to health suite and school personnel
- Reviews, studies and updates knowledge on developments and trends in medicine, public health, and school health
- Prepares and submits required reports
- Assigns and supervises the Direct Care Associates II’s work
- Performs other related work as required
- Is punctual and works efficiently through the patient appointment schedule
- Maintains professional demeanor and rapport with patients, their parents/guardians, schools’ staff and administrators, health suite staff, other health care providers, health department personnel, and community members
- Actively works with HCPSS staff at all levels and in all departments to promote, recruit, enroll and utilize SBWC services.
- Actively works to increase enrollment and utilization of in person and telemedicine services.
- Collaborates with HCPSS School Nurses to identify students who need preventive care ie: school entry physicals, lead testing, QFT testing.
- Provides data and other information required for reports and quality improvement projects according to schedule and as requested
- Assists in the assessment, evaluation, and implementation of program and health department operations, procedures, policies, and services for program improvements
- Identifies training needs and assists with the education and training of program and health department staff
- Provides consultation to schools’ staff, including health suite personnel, as requested
- Reports to work on designated workdays and work times, ensuring adequate notice of leave use.
- Attends program, health department, and schools’ meetings as deemed appropriate or assigned by supervisor.
- Complies with State and health department employment policies, procedures and guidelines.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Examiners of Nurses under the certification requirements for Nurse Practitioner or Nurse-Midwife.
Experience: One year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner or as a Nurse-Midwife.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Midwife classification or Nurse Practitioner or Nurse-Midwife specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nurse Practitioner or as a Nurse Midwife from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your license or license number should be uploaded on your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.