INTERNAL AUDITOR II
|Department||DHS - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||1/25/2023 3:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/8/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,608.00 - $74,705/year with potential growth to $92,290.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dontia Walker|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience conducting financial and operational internal audits that include elements for finance and compliance, economy and efficiency, and program results.
1. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or a master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Internal Review classifications or Auditing specialty codes in the Financial or Auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
CIA or other applicable Professional Certification
One year of experience in governmental auditing standards and of internal auditing standards
One year experience in analyzing records, reports, and other business and financial documents and noting details and facts pertinent to the audit assignment
One year of experience in using automated data processing information systems, personal computers and software related to auditing
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date.We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS.
- Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
- Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
- Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
- Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
- Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
- Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, Attention: Dontia Walker, 311 West Saratoga Street, First Floor, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org: Voice 410-767-7147, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.
The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.