COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST I
|Department||MDH Local Health - Harford County|
|Date Opened||5/11/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,975.00 - $70,101.00/year, with potential growth to $86,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Roderick Howard II|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Two years of experience: six months of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks, and an additional eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software.
1. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate, and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in Systems Analysis and Applications Programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools, for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate, and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator, or an equivalent certification program, for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas, on a year-for-year basis, for a high school education: operating computer systems; scheduling; controlling input and output, or maintaining backups or data storage; processing data on computer systems; evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or, converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or another Information Technology-related field, including coursework in local or wide area computer network, from an accredited college or university and six months of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks, for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a Commissioned Officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work, on a year-for-year basis, for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application, based on your education, training and experience, as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Please report all related education, experience, dates, and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this, or other, State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to, 410-333-5689. Only additional materials which are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division, at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service, at 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.