Senior Desktop Technician (COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST SUPV)
Information Technology Division
|Department||COMP Controller IT Services|
|Date Opened||11/16/2023 08:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$69,159.00 - $111,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||David Brown|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Supervise team(s) and evaluate performance. Assigns, reviews, and approves the work of lower-level Computer Network Specialists I, II, Trainees and Leads.
- Provide ongoing end-user support with computer hardware and software by routinely monitoring Help-Desk application software
- Perform random ticket audits within current ticket system. Assist with monthly incident management reports.
- Plans, designs and develops improvements and new or advanced systems or applications across an entire area of specialization in operating systems software technology.
- Confer with various equipment vendors, technical resources, and suppliers as necessary to determine appropriate technical solutions.
Experience: Four years and six months of experience, three years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks and an additional eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software.
- Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional eighteen months of the required education.
- Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator equivalent certification program for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificated: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems or other information technology related field, including course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university and three years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years supporting Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems in a business environment
- Expertise diagnosing and troubleshooting issues in Windows desktop environments
- Experience with Windows 11
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Stanley Harris at email@example.com if you need reasonable accommodations.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.