IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||3/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/23/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,556.00 - $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcus Staten|
The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency (MLGCA) serves as one of the largest revenue sources for the State of Maryland, supporting important state programs and services including education, public health and safety, human resources and the environment. In addition to generating revenue from the sale of lottery products, the MLGCA is also responsible for the oversight of the state’s casino gaming program, providing direction and guidance to its casino partners on financial, security, regulatory and licensing procedures for the facilities. The Agency also regulates Sports Wagering, Daily Fantasy Sports and Electronic Bingo, as well as Instant Ticket Lottery Machines, which are located at almost 90 Veteran’s posts. Gaming in Maryland is a dynamic and growing business that operates around the clock, 365 days of the year.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Agency
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 330
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to maintain and modify computer systems and applications to support the various units within the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency (MLGCA). This position is responsible for system applications, system design and development, and installation, configuration, and administration of systems and operating systems that support the core business functions of the agency. The position also supports network technologies in a backup capacity to the network administrator. Employees in this classification receive general supervision from an IT Technical Support Specialist Supervisor or other data processing administrator. Employees may be required to work on evenings, weekends and holidays and may be subject to call-in.
Position duties include:
- Installing, testing, and troubleshooting software.
- Documenting operating system configurations, application procedures, and network diagrams.
- Resolving issues and updating and closing support tickets.
- Server configurations and infrastructure maintenance.
- Infrastructure design and capacity recommendations.
Experience: Two years of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers.
1. Candidates may substitute thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose multi-tasking computers for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute experience operating multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using third generation or other generally accepted computer programming languages; or designing, developing and maintaining communications networks on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers and one year of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred Qualifications:- Experience with Active Directory architecture and management.
- 3 years of experience, assembling and configuring equipment racks comprised of RAIDs, switches, and enterprise hosts.
- Strong experience with routing and switching platforms (HSRP, BGP, VPN's).
- Experience with the installation of fiber optic and copper cabling including testing and maintenance.- Understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, and security, including IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN standards and industry best practices.
- Experience testing wireless products including access points, controllers and other WLAN infrastructure and client devices for evaluation.
Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred.
If online access is not available, applicants may submit a paper application and direct any inquiries to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Agency
Attn:1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 330
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: 410-230-8766 or email: email@example.com
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.