Educational Database Administrator
Database Specialist Supervisor
|Department||MD State Department of Education|
|Date Opened||7/28/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$69,159.00 - $111,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Performs application and database development functions as to analyze requirements, design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain Department’s applications and databases in a development, test, and production environments.
- Creates databases including developing data definitions and maintaining the repository of the Department’s databases.
- Development of logical and physical database designs and ensures appropriate modifications to the design model.
- Configure, tune, restructure, and troubleshoot database capacity of the Department’s databases.
- Assist in installation and implementation of database management system software and related software tools when needed.
- Data access security, including encrypting of databases, assist with disaster recovery, backup, and recovery for Department’s database.
- Support general day-to-day data center operations and perform basic system administration tasks.
Experience: Three years of experience of experience designing, developing, implementing, maintaining and controlling database management systems for computers and designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or maintaining and modifying operating systems for computers.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate plus thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology-related field to include course work in database management systems.
2 Candidates may substitute the possession of experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on computer systems; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages on a year-for-year basis for graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology related field to include course work in database management systems and three years of experience designing, developing, implementing, maintaining and controlling database management systems for computers for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Database Administration classifications or Database Administration specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience with Oracle DBMS
- Microsoft SQL DBA or Oracle DBA certification
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|