IT STAFF SPECIALIST
IT Business Analyst
|Department||MDE - Coordinating Offices|
|Date Opened||1/27/2023 10:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/10/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,608.00 - $92,290.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
The Maryland Department of the Environment is charged with protecting and preserving the State's air, water and land resources and safeguarding the environmental health of all Maryland’s citizens. The Agency’s mission is to protect and restore the environment for the health and well-being of all Marylanders with a vision of healthy, vibrant, and sustainable communities and ecosystems in Maryland.
The Coordinating Offices, Office of Information Management and Technology is recruiting for an IT Staff Specialist. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE). This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Five years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or maintaining and modifying operating systems for computers.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or other information technology-related field to include course work in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages for four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or maintaining and modifying operating systems for four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining microcomputer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field to include course work in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or in operating systems and data communications technology and one year experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or maintaining or modifying operating systems for computer for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university;
- Two years of Business Analyst experience with a focus on IT Projects, Requirements, Documentation and Solutions during all phases of SDLC;
- Knowledge of Business Analysis processes, methods, and techniques utilized to analyze and evaluate business operations;
- Experience in documenting complex business and functional requirements for software development;
- Excellent Communication Skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Excel, Word, and Viso;
- Familiar with Azure DevOps Server;
- Experience with AGILE projects and methodologies;
- Professional Business Analyst Certification from an accredited institution.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
MDE, Recruitment and Selection Division
Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Olivia Finley firstname.lastname@example.org. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Please reference #23-004486-0001. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Olivia Finley/MDE Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-537-3105.