IT Assistant Director I
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||12/5/2023 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35.28 - $46.04/hour|
|HR Analyst||Stacey Nelson|
This is a full-time contractual position
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Design, deploy, and manager Amazon Web Services ( AWS) cloud infrastructure, ensuring scalability, security, and reliability.
- Optimize Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources to minimize costs while maintaining performance.
- Develop and maintain automated Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for application deployments.
- Implement and enhance DevOps tools and practices to accelerate software delivery.
- Lead and mentor a team of DevOps engineers, providing guidance and support in implementing best practices.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement within the team.
- Implement security best practices and compliance standards within the Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline and cloud infrastructure.
- Perform regular security assessments and audits.
- Set up monitoring and alerting solutions to ensure the health and performance of applications and infrastructure.
- Respond to and resolve incidents, ensuring minimal downtime.
- Write scripts and automation code to streamline infrastructure provisioning and maintenance.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using tools like Terraform or Amazon Web Services Amazon Web Services (AWS) CloudFormation.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of infrastructure configurations, processes, and procedures.
- Collaborate with development, QA, and other cross-functional teams to ensure a smooth software delivery process.
- Participate in architectural discussions and provide technical expertise.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|