IT FUNCTIONAL ANALYST II
Fraud Detection and Business Intelligence Division
|Department||COMP Bureau of Revenue Estimates|
|Date Opened||3/17/2023 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$55,975.00 - $86,450.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Mary-Kathryn Beech|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Experience: Three years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe computers or large client server platforms.
- Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe or large client server platforms for two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database or other applications on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Technology or other related field with specific coursework in the structure and use of automated information systems and one year of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe computers or large client server platforms for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- The candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills to communicate effectively with all levels of internal employees, and government elected officials: and be able to clearly communicate through formal presentations, in writing, by email or telephone contact.
- The candidate should have strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple, concurrent, and high priority tasks.
- Knowledge in SQL assistant.
- Time management skills, such as organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates;
- Problem solving;
- Candidate must have experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems or generate improvement:
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first five digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
1. First and Last Name
2. Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
3. The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|