FISCAL ACCOUNTS CLERK II
Revenue Administration Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||1/19/2023 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/2/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,648.00 - $58,702.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Carole Feldkamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.
- Experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required high school education.
- Six credit hours in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- A minimum of five courses or six months of accounting-related training in a vocational training program in subjects such as journalizing transactions, analyzing transactions into debits and credits, posting to a general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Skill in posting and balancing accounts and calculating percentages
- Skill in resolving problems associated with incomplete, inaccurate or conflicting source data and in reconciling and correcting errors in specialized accounts
- Skill in managing work time efficiently and effectively under deadlines
- Ability to use a computer or business machine to access, input and extract data; Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency fiscal staff, data processing clerks, payroll personnel, vendors and representatives from fiscal control agencies
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
1. First and Last Name
2. Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
3. The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
If you have questions about this particular recruitment, please contact the Comptroller of MD, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.