FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||3/8/2023 1:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/22/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,660.00 - $66,668.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Cheltenham Youth Detention Center
Main Purpose of Job
- Examines financial data within FMIS, agency records to identify interrelationships and trends and devises procedures to increase the reliability and usefulness of the data. Discuss with agency professional contract monitors, invoice approvers and program managers regarding any resolution of accounting issues, obtain invoice approvals, and confirm services were completed and/or supplies were received prior to entering vendor invoices in the State Accounting System (FMIS). Develop, update and implement automated spreadsheets with all information needed for posting of documents in FMIS that must be obtained and documents that must be posted in FMIS.
- Reconcile posted invoices to agency accounting system to fiscal control systems within 3 days of posting by comparing to the reports within two accounting systems. Prepare documents for transmittal to State Comptroller’s Office by appropriate staff. This includes recording document number on each invoice, making appropriate number of copies and sorting invoices according to FMIS document type. Provide technical guidance and direction to invoice approvers concerning fiscal policies and procedures in various units of the agency.
- Design report formats and summarize financial data by reconciling of Student Funds on a biweekly basis. Collect student funds, compare receipt to Student Fund ledger, document against accounting system, and prepare deposit for management to review, enter deposit into State Accounting System (FMIS), and maintain appropriation ledgers, enter student fund expenditures based on compliance with established Student Fund guidelines once reconciliation has been performed against the Student Fund accounting tracking system.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Six (6) months of experience collecting cash and reconciling to a running ledger.
- One (1) year of experience in Microsoft Excel.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date.
We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.