FISCAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR II
Grants Administration Branch Manager
|Department||Maryland Department of Emergency Management - A|
|Date Opened||7/31/2023 11:07:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/14/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$72,340.00 - $112,091.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kiara Jones|
The Maryland Department of Emergency Management (MDEM) is looking for a diligent, detail-oriented individual who is excited about making Maryland a safer place to live and work.
MDEM’s mission is to proactively reduce disaster risks and reliably, and manage consequences through collaborative work with Maryland’s communities and partners. MDEM is the Department of State government with the primary responsibility and authority for emergency preparedness policy, and for coordinating hazard mitigation, incident response, and disaster recovery. MDEM is a national leader in Emergency Management that provides Maryland residents, organizations, and emergency management partners with expert information, programmatic activities, and leadership in the delivery of financial, technical, and physical resources “to shape a resilient Maryland where communities thrive.” We do this by being Maryland's designated source of official risk reduction and consequence management information.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
participation on the Finance and Grants Process Improvement Committee (FGPIC).
Six (6) years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and three years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for four years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures, and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher-ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience managing Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency grants, specifically, Homeland Security Grant Program (State Homeland Security Program/Urban Area Security Initiative), Non-Profit Security Grant Program, and Emergency Management Performance Grant.
- Experience utilizing Google Sheets and Google Suite
- Experience working in financial management systems
- Experience working in grant management systems
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Maryland Department of Emergency Management, 5401 Rue Saint Lo Drive, Reisterstown, MD 21136. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please call 410-702-3714.
MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.