Chief Budget Officer
Fiscal Services Administrator V
|Department||MDE - Coordinating Offices|
|Date Opened||11/15/2023 3:36:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/29/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$89,727.00 - $144,573.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
Reporting to the Director of Finance the Chief Budget Officer will put the agency in a position to succeed by preparing annual budgets and then monitoring and approving budget expenditures. The position reviews grants and prepares monthly, quarterly and annual budget reports for the Deputy Secretary and administrative executives. If you are a financial expert and are looking for an exciting career protecting the environment, please apply to become part MDE. MDE offers competitive pay, great benefits, opportunities to telework, as well as opportunities for advancement and professional growth – MDE offers you a wide range of benefits such as medical and dental coverage, paid time off (i.e., vacation, sick leave), state pension, and supplemental retirement options (i.e., 401k, 457b etc.). MDE Baltimore headquarters facility offers free parking, free fitness center, and a food court.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree in public policy, public administration, accounting, business administration, economics, finance, statistics, planning or political science.
Experience: Six years of experience in budget formation, accounting, personnel management analysis, or administrative work. One year of this experience must include work in budget planning, formulation, review, or management and one year of experience supervising a professional staff.
Possession of a master’s degree in public policy, public administration, accounting, business administration, economics, finance, statistics, planning or political science can be substituted for two years of the required experience.
Candidates may substitute additional experience in budget formation, reporting, accounting, personnel management analysis, or administrative work may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- State or local government experience.
- Experience in financial planning, budgeting, and policy analysis; knowledge of performance budgeting concepts.
- Budget Reporting including balance sheets, performance, budget scorecards and forecasting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and making presentations on budget recommendations to leadership and senior departmental executives and other executive branch officials.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Ability to work independently, in teams and under pressure.
- Availability to work extended hours as required to meet budget deadlines.
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS (Click ctrl+link to view all benefits)
PERSONAL LEAVE - New State employees are awarded six (6) personal leave days annually (prorated based on start date)