|Department||MD State Department of Education|
|Filing Deadline||6/5/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,095.00 - $91,742.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Reviews, authorizes or release MSDE employee expense report accounts within 2 days of receipts. Adjustments and corrections are made to inaccurate information on the expense reports. Works with appropriate personnel to resolve issues and ensure that the expense reports are correct before authorization
- Reviews and releases sub-grant encumbrances, sub-grant budget offsets, and expenditures. Any issues or discrepancies found on the Notice of Grant Awards (260, 263, 264) and or the NOGA payment (262 backup functions) requests are discussed with the appropriate MSDE Program Manager or the appropriate representative. Adjustments and or corrections are made in a timely manner.
- Prints and distributes the CCATS reports daily to the appropriate staff members. Convert and sort the payment report into Excel.
- Reviews and corrects any errors in the Purchase of Care invoice interface of payments from the CCATS system into R*STARS. This includes printing and batching the reports from CCATS, correcting any errors in batches, releasing batches for the overnight cycle, and processing the payments on to the transmittal stage. Update the CCATS system for any direct deposits. Also, process Excel Bonus and Credential Payments along with SEIU monthly CCATS payments daily.
- Reviews and evaluates any discrepancies with addresses or vendor numbers and coordinates with the POC program personnel to resolve issues and ensure that corrections are timely to prevent further errors. The updates include the R *STARS vendor file performed by the R *STARS vendor coordinator as well as the CCA TS records performed by POC personnel.
- Reviews and evaluates the undeliverable check report to make sure all issues are resolved within a timely manner. Written procedures· are kept up to date.
- Completes other duties as assigned
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Two years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with expense reports
- Experience with grant processing
- Knowledge of FMIS