|Department||DPSCS OSEC Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||3/20/2023 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,608.00 - $92,290.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Terrayl Goode|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Roxbury Correctional Institution
18701 Roxbury Rd, Hagerstown, MD 21746
The main purpose of this position is to provide professional accounting support to all the Regional Finance Offices across the Division of Financial Services in various areas to include budget preparation, monthly expenditure projections, policy implementation, inmate finance, assist with ensuring legislative audit compliance, and support for the year-end closing process to all the Department's Regional Finance Offices.
Conduct monthly consolidated reconciliations of the inmate fund records (MOBS III) with the corresponding records maintained by the Comptroller of Maryland.
Post transactions and make adjustments to the MOBS III General Ledger accounts for Secure Deposits, Commissary transaction payments, Phone Time payments, Lockbox deposits, etc.
Maintain, create, edit, generate, and download MOBS reports as needed to perform tasks and to assist all Regional Finance Offices in obtaining necessary inmate accounts data.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year of professional experience working with FMIS.
2. Applicants willing to work in Washington County.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
Terrayl.Goode@Maryland.GovIf you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For general Human Resources questions, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.