|Department||COMM - Div of Tourism Film & Arts-MD St Arts Concl|
|Date Opened||10/31/2023 1:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/12/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,801.00 - $97,940.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Quiana Blake|
The Maryland Department of Commerce is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Fiscal Officer within the Division of Marketing, Tourism, and the Arts’, Maryland State Arts Council (MSAC).
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Fiscal Officer is responsible for budgetary and administrative operations for MSAC, an agency with a $35 million budget that advances the arts in our state, ensuring that all Marylanders have access to the transformative power of the arts.
Duties of the Fiscal Officer include: preparation and monitoring of MSAC’s operating budget and capital grant program budget request; compiling data for presentation to the agency Executive Director, Departmental Budget Analysts and Officers, and the Council; monitoring all expenditures and receipts; recommending adjustments in the budget; conducting the annual fiscal year close-out; and providing information to auditors. Incumbent is also responsible for monitoring and reporting on annual partnership application(s) to the National Endowment for the Arts; overseeing the agency’s grant payment process; and managing administrative functions including all procurement contracts, facility management, inventory, requisitions, expenditures, and documentation of agency administrative and fiscal procedures. Position will monitor Arts Capital grant requisitions and expenditures and other tasks in coordination with the Board of Public Works and the Department of General Services. This position also supervises an office secretary.
The selected employee will possess excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; strong analytical and organizational skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace Apps and/or other relevant software; in addition to being able to effectively present information, explain policy and complete concurrent and high priority tasks.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year for year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Please ensure that you include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Two years of budget preparation and monitoring experience.
2. Related governmental or public accounting experience including fiscal control reporting.
3. Experience with the State’s Financial Management and Information System (FMIS).
4. One year of supervisory experience.
5. Two years of professional MS Excel experience.
6. Experience with grants payment processing.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Please make sure you answer the supplemental questionnaire.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
BARGAINING UNIT: G
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Commerce at 410-767-6300. You may also visit our website at: http://commerce.maryland.gov/commerce
It is highly preferred that you apply online. Please attach a resume along with the supplemental questionnaire to your online application. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit the State paper application, resume, and supplemental questionnaire (by closing date) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maryland Department of Commerce - Office of Human Resources
ATTN: Fiscal Officer # 23-004549-0019
World Trade Center – 401 East Pratt Street, 10TH Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
As an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-735-2258
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||Apply Online|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|